Community Contributor *
This widget could not be displayed.

On bank feeds transaction list, view details on auto-matched transactions doesn't show date and details anymore. What happened?

After I have downloaded a bank account or credit card, I open the Transaction List and then I open the Auto-Matched list.  Quite often there are transactions that have duplicate amounts (monthly fees, fees of the same amount that happen more than once a month, etc). 

Before I accept them, I go to the "Action" column, and click on the "Select" drop down to select "View Details".  Usually this will show the details of both sides (the bank transaction side, and the QBs register side).  I have noticed that the date and check number doesn't show anymore on the QBs side.  So I don't know if the match is correct or not, or a duplicate that has to be added.  This just started happening with multiple clients (files) and I don't know how to fix it.

Is anyone else having this issue, or is it a glitch.  How do I fix it so that I see the details of the entry in QuickBooks?  And by the way, this has just started happening with ALL QuickBooks versions!!

QuickBooks Team

Re: On bank feeds transaction list, view details on auto-matched transactions doesn't show date a...

Hi Kimi UR,

You can run the Verify Data Utility tool. This way, we can check  if it's a data issue. Let me help you with the steps.

1. Click File.
  2. Click Utilities.
  3. Click Verify Data.
  4. When prompted with error, click Rebuild Now.

Or you can follow these steps to rebuild your data:

1. Click File.
  2. Click Utilities.
  3. Click Rebuild Data.

After that, try checking your Bank Feeds again.

If you're experiencing the same, please download your bank transaction via WebConnect to check if the transactions were imported correctly.

Here's how:

1. Visit your bank's website outside of QuickBooks.
  2. Download and Save the .QBO file to your Desktop.
  3. In your QuickBooks, click File, then Utilities.
  4. Click Import, and then Webconnect files.
  5. Browse the file location, then click Open.
  6. Follow the import wizard to complete the import.

Feel free to read this handy article for details: Add and match Bank Feed transactions.

For future reference, please refer to this article: Reconcile in QuickBooks Desktop.

Reach out to me anytime if you have additional questions.

Community Contributor *

Re: On bank feeds transaction list, view details on auto-matched transactions doesn't show date a...

Tried that, and it didn't make any difference.  Also, I do import with Web connect in all of my files.  No Direct Connect. 

I am wondering why would it be doing it for all of my clients, and across all versions of QBs, on different computers? 

QuickBooks Team

Hello there, Kimi UR.

I appreciate you for trying the recommended steps above. I want this to be taken care of.

Since you're still getting an error after running verify/rebuild, I'd suggest contacting our Customer Care Team so they can open an investigation about this.

Here's how you can reach us:

1. Click Help at the top menu and select QuickBooks Desktop Help.
  2. In the Have a Question? window, click Contact us.
  3. Enter the details of your concern and click Continue.
  4. Choose how you want to reach them and enter the needed information.​

Stay posted if you have any other QuickBooks questions, I'll be right here to help you.