Re: Account balance errors after condensing data
I can add more insights about fixing your balances, @SIGMA03.
You can either create a journal entry or restore the old company file and re-run the Condense tool. However, make sure to select the transaction summation and inventory preferences you want.
Here are the steps on how to restore a backup copy:
- Go to the File menu.
- Select Open or Restore Company.
- Hit Restore a backup copy and click Next.
- Click Local Backup and choose Next.
- From the Look In drop-down, choose the location of the backup file.
- Continue the prompts until your data is restored.
You can check this link for more details about restoring a backup file.
Next, here's how to run the Condense Data Utility:
- Click on File from the menu bar.
- Choose Utilities and click on Condense Data, then select Next.
- Specify the date of the transactions to be removed and click Next.
- Move the radio-button to the transaction to be summarized, then hit Next.
- From the option, choose how the inventory should be condensed and click Next.
- Pick the transaction groups you wish to be removed, then select Next.
- Select Begin Condense.
- Working on your file now will appear. A pop-up will show the total reduction in your file size and location of the backup.
That should guide you through out the steps, @SIGMA03. Let me know the outcome or if you have follow-up concerns. I'm still here to help you further.