Re: Only Administrator User can automatically backup
It's nice to hear from you again, @meganr.
I'd be glad to lend a hand with your automatic backup concern.
We haven't received any similar cases reported to us. To single this issue out, let's try resetting your automatic back up set up.
- Click on the QuickBooks tab at the top.
- Select on Preferences.
- Choose Backup to open the Backup preferences dialog window.
- Click to enable the Automatically back up company files every checkbox.
- Choose your preferred time interval from the drop-down menu.
- Enable the Automatically back up company files when closing checkbox if you want QuickBooks to back up data each time you exit the program.
- Click the Save backup files in drop-down menu button and choose your preferred save location for the backup file.
- Click to enable the Overwrite last backup check box if you want to save disk space and automatically overwrite the previous backup file with the latest version.
- Click File in the main menu, and then select Backup in the drop-down menu to back up data at any time.
If the problem continues after trying this process, we’ll need to verify the data to help detect the cause of the error, then run rebuild to resolve it.
Here’s the article that details the steps to run the verify and rebuild utilities: Resolve data damage on your company file.
Once the rebuild completes, please verify the data again to ensure there aren’t any other issues in the company file.
If you’re still unable to back up the file automatically, I recommend getting in contact with our QuickBooks for Mac Technical Support Team to further investigate this issue.
Keep me posted how things turns out. I'll be around to help if there’s anything else you need while working in QuickBooks for Mac.