Community Contributor *
This widget could not be displayed.

Loan Manager operation missing

I'm a new user to Quickbooks Desktop Pro 2019; however, I have used an older version for several years so I'm fairly familiar with the various operations.

IMPORTANT: I did NOT upgrade from the old version nor did I use any of the old files as I ran into too many problems (long story).

In setting up accounts for the new version, I naturally wanted to use the Loan Manager. The first time I tried to open it, I got a message to close QB and check to ensure most recent version of IE was loaded. It is, so I opened QB again and clicked on Loan Manager. Now all I get is a message across the top of the page that tells me what loan manager does. I have tried the various suggestions in the Community and online to correct the problem to no avail.

I would most definitely appreciate any help I can get!

Solved
QuickBooks Team

Re: Loan Manager operation missing

Hello there, @nyonline,

Good to see you here in the Community.

If you have already performed the solutions outlined in the Loan Manager or Cash Flow Projector is missing after upgrading QuickBooks Desktop article and still unable to open the program, I suggest contacting our QuickBooks Support Team. Doing this, they have the tools that can pull up your account and assist your concern.

Here's how:

1. Log in to your QuickBooks Online account.
2. Click Help at the upper right corner.
3. On the search bar, enter your concern.
4. Click Contact us.
5. Click on the green button that says Get a callback.
6. Fill in all the necessary information (First Name, Last Name, Email Address, and Phone Number.
7. Click Confirm my call.

Please leave your comment below if you need further assistance. We are always here to help. Have a good day!

Community Contributor *

Thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately, I had already tried this and it didn't work. Nevertheless, I tried it again ... with the same results.

Here is what comes up on the page when I click on Banking: Loan Manager --

"What does the Loan Manager do? Add a loan to track it Change information about a loan Remove a loan from the list Make a loan payment Use "What If" scenarios Print a loan report"

Please note: As I mentioned in my original post, I DID NOT upgrade. I installed QB Pro 2019 as a NEW installation. My old version was 2011 and no matter what I did, I could not get 2019 to recognize my most recent backup file so I decided to essentially start from scratch and enter accounts and current balances manually.

BTW, I have Internet Explorer version 11.829.17134.0. Also, I'm using QB for personal use, not for a business. 

Thanks for getting back to us and for the details, nyonline.

It looks like you've already performed the steps in this article: Loan Manager is missing and I appreciate you for that.

We need to remotely access your company file to perform additional troubleshooting. Since I am unable to do that for privacy purposes, I recommend contacting our QuickBooks Desktop Customer Care. They have the needed tools and resources such as screen-sharing to help you investigate this further.

Please follow the details above on how to reach us.

Let me know how the call goes. I'll be here should you need anything else. Best regards.

Community Contributor *

I did as you suggested. No callback as yet.

However, I did find a work-around so I'm marking your response as "Accepted Solution."

QuickBooks Team

Hi @nyonline,

I’m glad that you're able to find a workaround. If you don't mind, can you share with us your workaround?

This way, other users who visit the Community would be able to get some insights from your post.

Also, since today is a holiday, you'll be receiving a callback from our support team tomorrow.

We also have our Help Articles page in case you want to learn some “How do I” steps in QuickBooks Desktop.

Please let me know if you have any other concerns. I’ll be here to help.

Community Contributor *

I found the best help at this website: https://smallbusiness.chron.com/enter-loan-quickbooks-57138.html

At this point, the Loan Manager option is superfluous. Nevertheless, I do feel it should be available since it's part of the program. I look forward to what the support team will have to say.

Thank you for all your help.