Hi there, @RetiredLF.
Let me guide you on how to enter a credit memo in QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to the Banking menu, then tap Make Deposits.
- If the Payments to Deposit window appears, click OK.
- In the Make Deposits window, select the Received from the drop-down and choose the vendor who sent you the refund.
- In the From Account drop-down, select the appropriate Accounts Payable account.
- In the Amount column, enter the actual amount of the Vendor check.
- (Optional) Enter a memo, check number, payment method, and class.
- Hit Save & Close.
Then you have to record the refunded amount:
- Click Enter Bills on the Home page.
- Choose the name of the Vendor.
- Enter the amount of the bill.
- Choose either of the two tabs:
- Add the specific details of the bill.
- Click Save and Close.
For additional reference, you can check this article: Record a vendor refund in QuickBooks Desktop.
On the other hand, you can also check this link for your future reference about QuickBooks Desktop: Help articles for QuickBooks Desktop.
Please let me know if there's anything you need when applying customer credits, please don't hesitate to leave a comment below. Keep safe always.