QuickBooks Team

Other questions

Hello there, @dnac.

I appreciate the details of your concern and the steps you shared to resolve this.

You can rename the TLG and ND files for your company file. This way QuickBooks run properly and creates a fresh version of them.

No worries, renaming these will not cause you to lose QuickBooks data. These files are automatically re-created when you open your company file. Here's how:

1. Locate the folder that contains your QuickBooks company file.
  2. Look for the same file name as your company files but with extensions .ND and .TLG.
  3.     a. company_file.qbw.nd
  4.     b. company_file.qbw.tlg
  5. Right-click each file and click Rename. Add the word OLD at the end of each file name (Example: company_file.qbw.nd.OLD).
  6. Reopen QuickBooks and try to sign in to the company file.

For more troubleshooting steps, you can click this article: What to do if you can't open your company file in QuickBooks Desktop.

However, if the steps shared above didn't work, I suggest getting in touch with our Customer Support Team. They have the tools to check your account securely and investigate further why you're getting that error message.

Please note that we have made some changes to our Support options for QuickBooks Desktop. Our representatives are available through chat or messaging to accommodate all our customer's concerns effectively. 

Here's how to reach them:

1. Go to the Help menu at the top and select QuickBooks Desktop Help.
  2. Click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the pop-up window.
  3. Enter a brief description of your concern and hit Continue.
  4. Click Start a Message.

As always, feel free to visit our QuickBooks Community help website if you need tips and related articles in the future.

I'll be right here if you need anything else, as I want to make sure this is taken care of. Have a good one!