Level 2

How do I set-up and record a Real Estate Agent's commissons received in Quickbooks? This is his only income.

Solved
Level 15

Other questions

Create a service item that posts to income and use that on an invoice or sales receipt

View solution in original post

Other questions

Hello @m-veitchx2-gmail, welcome to the Community! I'm so glad you were able to find us here so we may assist you.

First, you will want to make sure that the Real Estate Agent is set up in your QuickBooks account as either an Employee or as a Contractor.

Once they are set up in your account you can add in their commissions based on if they are an Employee or a Contractor/Vendor.

If you are categorizing them as an employee this article will be helpful in making sure you have set up everything to pay out the commission: Pay Employees a Commission

If they are classified as a Contractor then here is a helpful article that also provides a step-by-step guide to adding a Vendor Bill + a video that I find super helpful: Enter and Pay Bills

If you need anything else please feel free to reach back out to us here at the Community.