Good day, @Kristin00.
I’m glad to see you here in the Community. I can help you record the security deposit refund in QuickBooks Online.
If you entered the security deposit with an Expense or a Check, you can post the refund using a Bank Deposit. Here’s how:
1. Click the Plus icon and select Bank Deposit.
2. From the Bank Deposit screen, choose the bank where you want the amount to go to.
3. Scroll down to the Add funds to this deposit section.
4. On the Received From column, select your landlord.
5. Under Account column, choose the account you selected when you give the security deposit.
6. Enter Security Deposit Refund under Description.
7. The refund amount should go to the Amount column.
8. Hit Save and close.
Depositing the amount using the same account of the first entry will remove the balance under your landlord’s profile.
That should answer your question for today. Let me know if there’s anything else I can do to help, I’m always here for all of your QuickBooks needs. Wishing you a successful year ahead.