Hi there, @rollanda.
Thank you for posting in the Community. I'd be happy to help share some information about Accruing sick leave hours for salary or commission employees.
You can track sick accruals by adding the time to the employee's paycheck. However, this field is only available for hourly and salary paid employees. Let me walk through how to do it.
To start, you need to set up sick leave on your employee's profile.
- From Employees menu, select Employee Center.
- Double-click the employee's name to edit information.
- On the left pane select the Payroll Info tab, then click the Sick/Vacation tab.
- Select an Accrual period.
- n the Hours Accrued field, enter the number of hours that will be accrued.
- In the Maximum number of hours field, enter the maximum balance of sick hours that the employee can have.
- If you want sick hours to reset to zero when a new accrual year begins, select Reset hours each new year?.
- Enter the date that sick time should begin accruing.
- You can enter other information needed.
- Click OK to save changes.
After that, you can add the sick time on a paycheck, as mentioned by @BRC.
- When creating the paycheck, open the Preview Paycheck window.
- For salaried employees, enter the number of hours worked next to the regular salary earnings item in the Hours column.
The following article contains additional information about this, as well as screenshots for some steps: Set up and pay sick and vacation time.
If you need assistance in going through with the steps, feel free to reach out to our payroll support. They have tools like screen sharing to help you get to a resolution quickly.
- Open this link: https://payroll.intuit.com/support/contact/?infosrc=qs&service=16.
- Select Basic, Standard, and Enhanced.
- Click Payroll, then click View Contact Info.
That should do it.
I'm just a post away if you have any other questions about accruing sick leave hours in QuickBooks Desktop, or if you're referring to something else. I'll be happy to help you out. Have a great day!