Hello there, @jdallaire.
Thanks for joining us here in the Community today. I can help you get past of the "Quickbooks has stopped working" message that you received and get you back to business.
There are several possible causes for this issue and several solutions which may resolve it. These are the following:
- Your company name is too long.
- Damaged or missing QBWUSER.INI file.
- Corruption on your hard drive.
- Damaged program files or QuickBooks Desktop installation.
- Damaged Windows operating system.
To get this fix, we can try to use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Download the QuickBooks Install DiagnosticTool.
- When prompted, save the file to the local Desktop.
- Close any open programs and run the QBInstall Tool.
- Restart the computer after running the tool to ensure the components are properly updated.
For more troubleshooting steps about this process, please refer to this article: QuickBooks Desktop won't open, has stopped working, or not responding.
However, if the issue persists after trying these steps, I'd suggest reaching out to our Customer Care Team. They have the tools which are essential in checking on what's causing the issue.
To do that:
- In your browser, navigate to https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact.
- Choose QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click the issue or topic.
- Click the Green Phone button to see the support number.
Please let me know if I can be of additional assistance. I'll be around to help you out. Have a nice day!