Welcome to QBCommunity!
To remove annual leave from casual employees, you will have to stop the leave from accruing in the first place.
To do this:
- Navigate to the employees in question under the Employees tab, and select Leave Allowances.
- Under the drop-down menu to apply a leave allowance template, select Casual Leave, or alternatively, untick the Can apply for leave section in annual leave.
- Click on Save at the bottom of the page.
Now, you will want to adjust the accrued annual leave back to zero.
To do this:
- Create a dummy pay run, or create the next scheduled pay run.
- Select the employee in the pay run, and select Leave Balances. Take a note of the accrued annual leave and then select Close.
- Click on Actions, and then select Adjust Leave. This will create a Leave Adjustment line, and in the Hours field, enter the full amount of the accrued leave, and then Save.
- When you finalise the pay run, the leave balances will apply.
Hope this helps!
Thank you Bonny, I thought it had to be something like this. I am new to using Quickbooks, however have been using another cloud accounting system in which I could do what you had mentioned. Navigating my way through.
Hi Bonny, I have followed your instructions below to adjust annual leave that had been incorrectly accrued for 2 casual employees. I have applied the leave adjustments and finalised the pay run but have now found that their accrued leave has doubled !
Hi David M2,
It's important to check back in with the employee's Leave Allowance Template as this would be the source of the leave accrual.
- Navigate to the employees in question under the Employees tab, select the employee,on the right select Leave Allowances.
- Under the drop-down menu at the top of the page, select the apply a leave allowance template, select Casual Leave.
- Click on Save at the bottom of the page
After checking that this Casual Leave template is applied to the employees, you will want to go back into the pay run to see check the recalculation option. This can be fund by selecting the below steps.
- Open the Payrun you are working on
- Select the Employee's name, this drop down their earnings field and any adjustments added to the payrun.
- In the bottom right you will see a green Action button, then select Recalculate.
This option helps in making sure any recent changes made to settings outside the payrun, especially accrual amounts can be recalculated to show their correct values.
If you find your not making any headway with the steps and need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to our friendly support team by clicking here.