Welcome to the community! It's great you're having a store with inventory and wanting to set it up in the program. QuickBooks Online has everything you need to easily manage your inventory. I'll be happy to guide you with this.
The inventory feature is available in QuickBooks Online Plus and lets you track what's on hand, get alerts when it’s time to restock, and see insights on what you buy and sell. The first step to use this feature is to enable it in your settings. Here's how.
- Go to Settings ⚙ and select Account and Settings.
- Select Sales.
- Select Edit ✎ in the Products and services section.
- Turn on Show Product/Service column on sales forms.
- Turn on both Track quantity and price/rate and Track inventory quantity on hand.
- Select Save and then Done.
After that, you'd need to set up your inventory items, and QuickBooks takes care of the rest once you add them on your sales forms. Here are some articles to assist you with that.
I hope this helps to clarify things for you! Feel free to stop by if you have more questions.