Re: Is it possible to stop a credit card payment if wrong credit card was used?
Hi there, @hannah-martinez-.
If the payment hasn't been settled yet, you can create an offsetting refund receipt to reverse the payment. To create an offsetting refund receipt:
- Click the (+) Plus icon.
- Under Customers, select Refund Receipt.
- Select the name of the customer.
- From the Payment Method drop-down menu, select the type of credit card your customer uses (Visa, MasterCard, etc.).
- Make sure the Process Credit Card is checked.
- Go to the Product/Service column then select the product/service item you use for refunds.
- Enter the Amount as a positive number.
- Enter any other information you want to be saved with the refund.
- Click Save.
You can also refer to these articles for more information and detailed steps:
- How to void or refund a credit card payment
- How to correct a customer's credit card payment that was processed twice by mistake
Also, make sure that you're able to process the refund before the settlement cutoff time (3 PM PST on the same business day). If the settlement cutoff time has passed, you'll need to get in touch with our Merchant support team. They have the tool to pull up your account in a secure environment and help you process the cancellation.
To know some tips about recording your customer's payments in QuickBooks Online, you can always visit our Payments page for reference.
If you need more assistance, please don't hesitate to leave a comment below. We're always here to help.