Hi there, pantera12.
Let's open the invoice to see the payment method. You can follow these steps:
- Go to Customers menu and select Customer Center.
- Locate the customer. Double-click on the invoice to open it.
- From the Reports tab, select the Transaction Journal.
You can see the payment method on the pop-up. You can double-click on it to see the details of the payment.
Keep your post coming if you need anything else.
Great - thanks - next question:
Can I unapply a credit if I have already applied it?
When I click on Use credit to apply to invoice it says the credit memo has no remaining balance to apply. I want to unapply the credit leaving it as available.
Thanks for visiting the Community.
Yes, you can unapplied a credit if you already applied it to the invoice.
Here's how you can remove a credit memo from an invoice:
1. Go to your transaction, then CTRL + H to display your transaction history.
2. Double-click the invoice and select Apply Credits.
3. On the Previously Applied Credit window, clear the selection code.
4. On the Apply Credits window, click Done.
5. On the invoice, hit Save and close.
Here's an article for more detailed steps and information resolving an issue when accidentally apply a credit to an invoice: Remove or unapply a credit from an invoice or bill.
You may check this resource page for future reference in case you want to learn more of giving a refund to your customers: Give your customer a credit or refund in QuickBooks Desktop for Windows.
Stay in touch if you have other questions or concerns. I'm always here to help. Have a great day!