Hi there, ABakhshian,
I'm here to help you find a solution to your concern.
First, let's pull up a Customer Balance Detail report to trace which payments are not linked to your invoices. Here's how it is done:
- Go to the Reports tab.
- Choose Customers & Receivables.
- Select Customer Balance Detail.
- Click the Customize Report button.
- In the Columns section of the Display tab, add the Debit and Credit columns.
- Go to the Filter tab and choose the customer or job you'd like to view.
Once identified, simply open the invoice then manually apply the credits. You can also write off the customer balance by following the steps provided in this article: Write Off Customer Balance.
You can also check out this related article to know more about transferring customer credits in QuickBooks Desktop: Transfer Customer Credit From One Job to Another
That's it, ABakhshian. Please feel free to fill me in whenever you need further assistance.