Level 1


I had overpaid state payroll tax (California) during 2019 and I did not receive a refund until this was discovered and received my refund check in May 2020. The amount I was refunded included overpaid sales tax as well as penalties that were charged on it in June 2019. What would be the appropriate way to book this entry?