Hi, when looking at all our Expenses in the Expense Transaction list screen, how can I filter so that I am looking only at expenses that were paid out of the bank checking account? For example, I don't want to see an expense that was imported from the Credit card company. My solution is to be able to filter on the Payment Account, but that is not an option. Maybe another way to accomplish this? Thank you
Solved! Go to Solution.
I know a way to get expenses list you want, dominojoe.
Instead of filtering the Expense Transactions page, we can pull up a report directly from the Chart of Accounts. Here's how to customize the report:
- Click Accounting on the left menu and go to the Chart of Accounts tab.
- Look for the checking account and click the drop-down arrow next to View register.
- Select Run report and click the Customize button.
- Change the Report period if necessary and go to the Filter section.
- Mark the Transaction Type box and select the transaction types you want to show such as Expense, Check, and etc.
- Click Run report.
Here are some links that you can use for reference when customizing reports in QBO:
- Visual guide in customizing reports
- Run reports in QuickBooks Online
- Common custom reports in QuickBooks Online
Get back to us if you want more assistance in customize the reports. Have a great day!