I know a way to get expenses list you want, dominojoe.
Instead of filtering the Expense Transactions page, we can pull up a report directly from the Chart of Accounts. Here's how to customize the report:
- Click Accounting on the left menu and go to the Chart of Accounts tab.
- Look for the checking account and click the drop-down arrow next to View register.
- Select Run report and click the Customize button.
- Change the Report period if necessary and go to the Filter section.
- Mark the Transaction Type box and select the transaction types you want to show such as Expense, Check, and etc.
- Click Run report.
Here are some links that you can use for reference when customizing reports in QBO:
- Visual guide in customizing reports
- Run reports in QuickBooks Online
- Common custom reports in QuickBooks Online
Get back to us if you want more assistance in customize the reports. Have a great day!