I've got all the tips you could ever need to get that column added to your invoice form, @irina3!
In QuickBooks, you can edit your invoice template to add the Cartons number column. To do so, please refer to these easy steps below:
- In QuickBooks, go to the Lists menu and choose Templates.
- Locate the Invoice template you use and double-click to open.
- Select the Additional Customization button.
- Click the Columns tab.
- Check the box beside Other 1 and type Cartons number in the Title field.
- Hit OK to save the changes.
- Then OK again.
Just make sure to select the correct template every time you will create an invoice.
Then, to remove the Tax column on your invoice form, you'll have to turn it off in the Preferences menu. Let me walk you through the process:
- Navigate to the Edit menu and select Preferences.
- Go to Sales Tax and click the Company Preferences tab.
- From the Do you charge sales tax? field, tick the No radio button, and hit OK.
- If there's a popup window, just click OK.
Once done, you'll no longer see the Tax column whenever you create Invoices.
For more details about this process, please see this article: Use and customize form templates.
Also, to make your email messages more personalize when sending invoices to your customers, you can create create custom email templates in QuickBooks Desktop.
Feel free to leave a reply if you have more questions about adding columns in your invoice form in QuickBooks. I'll be here to answer them for you. Stay safe.