Re: The state refunded overpayment for sales tax. How to I enter the deposit?
Hello there, @cdlac.
Thanks for joining this thread. Allow me to help and guide you on how to record deposit in QuickBooks Desktop for the sales tax refund.
Let me walk you through the steps:
- At the top menu bar, click Banking.
- Go to the Make Deposit option.
- If the Payments to Deposit window appears, click OK.
- In the Make Deposits window, click the Deposit To drop-down and select the first bank account.
- Select the correct date transaction.
- On the Received From drop-down arrow, select the name of the state agency.
- In the From Account drop-down, select the appropriate account.
- In the Amount column, enter the actual amount.
- Click Save & Close.
For future reference, you may also check this article: Process sales tax adjustment.
If you need further assistance with the steps, I recommend calling our QuickBooks Desktop Support Team. They have additional tools to pull up your account and do a viewing session.
Here's how to contact our phone support:
- Click this link: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact.
- Select US version of QuickBooks Desktop, and click Contact Us.
- Type-in Technical Support on the search bar.
- Click the Get the phone number below.
That should do it! If you have any other concerns about make deposit don't hesitate to leave a comment below. Wishing you and your business continued success.