Re: Sent a wire payment, but it was reversed. The reversed amount is less than the original wire.
In QuickBooks Desktop, you can record the returned wire as a deposit. First, you'll have to enter the bill in the system and make a payment just like ParkwayInc's example.
Then, follow these steps to record the returned wire:
- Click Banking located at the top.
- Select Make Deposit.
- Choose the bank account from the Deposit To drop-down list.
- Select the Date.
- In the first line, choose the vendor from the Received from drop-down menu.
- Enter the amount (This will be the actual amount of the wire transfer).
- In the second line, enter the bank charges as a negative item.
- Click Save and Close.
Once done, the actual amount credited will be recorded in the bank account.
Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Thanks.