Re: Muli-User QB Invoice and PO Numbers Change when 2 People are Entering Information
I've got you from here. I'm committed to getting you back up and running, because I want you to be able to use QuickBooks to it's fullest. You mentioned that you had already been on hold with Customer Service. I hope they were able to assist you, but just in case, I'll go over some steps I believe will help you with this. This issue could be stemming from how the server is set up for Multi-User Mode. Here's how you can check that:
Note: these steps have to be performed on the computer hosting the company file.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows Key+R to bring up a prompt.
- Type in wf.msc to pull up the firewall.
- Once the firewall is up, on the left, right-click Outbound Rules, and select New Rule.
- Click Ports and select Next.
- Choose TCP and in the specific local ports box, enter the following ports:
- QuickBooks Desktop 2018: 8019, 56728, 55378-55382
- QuickBooks Desktop 2017: 8019, 56727, 55373-55377
- QuickBooks Desktop 2016: 8019, 56726, 55368-55372
- QuickBooks Desktop 2015: 8019, 56725, 55363-55367
- Select Next and click Allow the Connection.
- Choose Next to enter a name in the name field (QBxx Outbound) and click Finish.
- Repeat the first 7 steps for the Inbound Rules.
If you're still having issues, I'm attaching an article with additional troubleshooting steps: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1502150-error-h101-h202-h303-or-h505-when-opening-your-company... . If you feel uncomfortable performing any of these steps, feel free to reach out to me, or an IT professional. I hope this helps. Keep me posted on your progress.