QuickBooks Team
This widget could not be displayed.

Re: Muli-User QB Invoice and PO Numbers Change when 2 People are Entering Information

Hey there, @blbruner.

Thank you for sharing about your call to customer support. I want you to be able to use QuickBooks the way you need to. I feel performing a rebuild and verify can be beneficial to you getting a more desirable outcome. I'm attaching steps for how to do both down below:

Run the Rebuild Data utility

• Go to the File menu, then select Utilities Rebuild Data.
  • On the QuickBooks Information window, select OK. Follow the prompts to save a backup.
  • Select OK when you see Rebuild has completed.

Run the Verify Data utility

• Go to the File menu, then select Utilities Verify Data.
  • If you see QuickBooks detected no problem with your data, select OK. You may continue using your company file.
  • If Verify finds an issue with your data, you will be prompted to Rebuild Now or View Errors. Select Close, then perform the steps below.
    Important: Continue with the following steps if you are comfortable reviewing the QBWin.log or the QuickBooks.log file. Otherwise, you may contact support for additional help.

Give these steps a try when you have the chance. If you have any questions about this information or anything else QuickBooks, feel free to reach me.