Re: Muli-User QB Invoice and PO Numbers Change when 2 People are Entering Information
Hey there, @blbruner.
Thank you for sharing about your call to customer support. I want you to be able to use QuickBooks the way you need to. I feel performing a rebuild and verify can be beneficial to you getting a more desirable outcome. I'm attaching steps for how to do both down below:
Run the Rebuild Data utility
- Go to the File menu, then select Utilities > Rebuild Data.
- On the QuickBooks Information window, select OK. Follow the prompts to save a backup.
- Select OK when you see Rebuild has completed.
Run the Verify Data utility
- Go to the File menu, then select Utilities > Verify Data.
- If you see QuickBooks detected no problem with your data, select OK. You may continue using your company file.
- If Verify finds an issue with your data, you will be prompted to Rebuild Now or View Errors. Select Close, then perform the steps below.
Important: Continue with the following steps if you are comfortable reviewing the QBWin.log or the QuickBooks.log file. Otherwise, you may contact support for additional help.
- Find QBWin.log or QuickBooks.log files.
- Check the log file.
- Search (press Ctrl+F on your keyboard) for BEGIN VERIFY, then locate the most recent file (logs are in date order with the latest at the bottom).
- Find the line that contains the LVL_ERROR, then check Top data damage errors in QuickBooks Desktop
Give these steps a try when you have the chance. If you have any questions about this information or anything else QuickBooks, feel free to reach me.