Thanks for joining this thread, Port City.
I can help you record the sales tax refund in QuickBooks Online.
You can enter it as a deposit and select the liability account used when paying your taxes.
- Click the Plus sign icon, then choose Bank Deposit.
- Select the correct bank account at the top.
- Scroll down to Add funds to this deposit section.
- Under the Account column, select your liability account (refer to the screenshot below).
- Enter the needed information and click Save and close.
Check out this link for more details: How to record bank deposits.
The Community always has your back, so don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions. Have a good one.