Scenario: Sometimes there are fees that need to be added to receipts beyond sales taxes.
Examples of this include credit card processing fees or filing fees to government agencies for certain products. Although Point of Sale (POS) does have the ability to add up to 3 tax rates, it does not have the ability to add a separate service fee so these need to be entered as Items.
If you ever come across this scenario in QuickBooks Point of Sale, here are recommended steps to resolve this.
Step 1: Set up a new Item
- Open the Home screen.
- From the top menu, select Inventory.
- Select New Item.
- Name the item.
- In the Basic Info section, set the Type to Service.
- Select the appropriate Department. Note: This is a required field.
- Set the Tax type to Tax or Non Tax, based on requirements for the item.
- Leave the Reg Price blank.
- Fill in the remaining Item information, as needed.
- Select Save.
Step 2: Setting up the Sale
- Return to the Home screen and select Make a Sale from the left side menu.
- Click in the Scan or enter item information field and start typing the Item Name for the Service item you created in Step 1. Click on the Item to add to the Receipt.
- Calculate the amount for the charge because the Item in Step 1 cannot calculate percentages.
- Edit the price of the Service Item created in Step 1 by clicking in the Price field.
- Add the regular sale item(s) to the Receipt.
- Select the appropriate payment type.
- Once the Receipt is completed select Save Only or Save and Print.
Please let us know if this article was helpful by clicking on the thumbs up button below. Or, if you have additional comments/questions, please join/log into the community and reply below.
Thanks. The QuickBooks team
Solved! Go to Solution.