Level 2

How can I retire a payment from me to my supplier that is no longer required?

I have a total amount of $46.32 from 13/7/20 and the supplier decided to treat as samples.

How do I retire this debt without affecting my stock and bank balance?

I believe the solution is a journal, but I dont know how to do it

Any help?

QuickBooks Team

EOFY and Reconciliation

Hi ricardo7, 


Thank you so much for reaching out. There are a few options you could use in this case, a journal entry being one. 


The other option I found is voiding the transaction. 

While we cannot provide specific advise in this case, e.g. what accounts to use or which option to choose I can recommend reaching out to your Accountant for more information. 


If you do not have one please see here.