Hi there, accounting96.
Here's how to export GIFI (General Index of Financial Information) from QBO.
- Go to the WorkPapers section for your client's books.
- Check the GIFI Mapping and the Working Trial Balance to make sure that all the work is completed.
Any unassigned codes can be done under the GIFI mapping section.
- Go through the list and select Assign GIFI Codes to assign codes.
- When you see a row that'll appear beneath the line you wish to map, select the GIFI code from the list.
- Select Save GIFI code.
- Open ProFile and create a return or open the return you want to import the GIFI codes.
- Go to the File menu, then choose QBOA Import.
- Select OK.
The export is completed after hitting OK.
For your future reference, you can check these articles:
You can always reach out to us here if you have other questions.