I had to reinstall the Windows app the other day and ever since, the Custom reports although showing, do absolutely nothing. To run any of them, I have to use the browser version of QB Online.
I know that I recently updated my Windows10 with the latest updates, but that should NOT have had any impact.
Can someone please sort this issue?
Solved! Go to Solution.
Thanks for bringing this to our attention, @Mollcons,
You're right. The Windows app should work on Windows 10. If the same error happens after reinstalling the app, I've got some troubleshooting steps for you to try.
First. let's clear the Window App's cache using these steps:
- Tap the Help menu then choose Reset App Data.
- Once done, close the app and reopen it by right-clicking the QBO icon and using the Run as Administrator option.
If that doesn't work, let's do a full reinstall to replace the old install file.
- To uninstall the program, refer to the How do I uninstall the app? section of this article QBO Windows App Help Guide.
- Next, delete any locally stored settings by pressing the Windows key or the Start icon on your screen.
- Type %appdata% (including the percentage signs) in the search bar then hit Enter.
- Find the QuickBooks or click the Roaming folder to find QuickBooks in there.
- Right-click and Delete the QuickBooks folder to recreate a fresh version of the app.
- Reinstall the app and make sure it is placed in the default installation directory C:/ProgramFiles or ProgramFiles (x86).
Now, if it doesn't make any difference, I highly recommend contacting our Support Line. We haven't got any similar reported issues, so it's best to escalate this to our engineers for further review.
Here's how to contact Support:
- Click the (?) Help icon in the upper right-hand corner of the Dashboard.
- From there, select the Contact Us button and enter your concern in the description box.
- Once done, select Call us or Get a callback option.
In the meantime, you may install the app on a separate device or use the browser while we're taking a look on this further.
If you have any questions, please let me know in the comment. Any updates about the troubleshooting is also welcome. I'll be right here to help. Have a nice day!