I have QB Desktop Premier 2016.
Just put in my 2019 budget. I have an account which is Active in the chart of accounts -- it is an income account. This account has zero in it for now, as do some of the other income accounts which are active. The other zero income accounts Do show on the budget overview, but this one account does not. Why? It is set up exactly like the other income accounts which do show.
Thanks in advance for your assistance!
Nancy in Arizona
Solved! Go to Solution.
Hello there, @nrhodes51.
Thanks for reaching out to us. I'm here to help and resolve the issue on the Budget Overview report so you can back to your business.
In this case, there's a possibility that when you created a budget, one of your accounts was not included. To resolve this, you'll need to set up a new one.
Let me walk you through the process:
- At the top menu bar, click Company.
- Go to Planning & Budgeting.
- Select Set Up Budgets.
- Choose Create New Budget.
- Specify the budget year, then choose between Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet.
- (For Profit and Loss Budget) Specify an additional criteria of either Customer:Job or Class (if class tracking is on).
- Select whether you want to: Create budget from scratch: Manually enter amounts for each account that you want to track. Create budget from the previous year's actual data: Let QuickBooks Desktop automatically enter the monthly totals from last year for each account in the budget.
- Select Finish.
For additional reference, you can check this article: Create a budget or forecast in QuickBooks Desktop.
Once done, you now now pull up the Budget Overview report and select the budget you created when generating the report.
If you need further assistance with the steps, i recommend calling our QuickBooks Desktop Support Team. They have additional tools to pull up your account and do a screen share.
Here's how you can contact our phone support:
- Click this link: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact.
- Select US version of QuickBooks Desktop, and click Contact Us.
- Type-in Customer Care on the search bar.
- Click Get the phone number below.
That's it! Please let me know how it goes. If you have other concerns about Budget Overview report, don't hesitate to leave a comment below. Wishing you and your business continued success.
There is no need to set up a new account or a new budget.
It also doesn't matter if the account is Active in Chart of Accounts. In the tools of Budgeting and financial reporting, the word "active" means In Use. Not Make Inactive for purposes of Seeing it, or not, in the COA and in dropdowns.
If you Budget it as 0, it should show. It also matters if this is a Parent Level account or not, with subaccounts.
And in Reporting, go to the Customize, Display tab, bottom right, and if there is an Advanced Button, click on it. Here is where you control selecting NonZero or All, or only Rows/Columns with values.
Thanks for your suggestions, but I figured it out myself. I went back to the Budget 2019 that I had set up and saw that the missing account was blank for each month, and it should have been zero for each month. So, I put in the zeros and now the Budget overview report is correct and the missing account shows.
Hope this helps out someone else with the same problem.
Nancy - in Arizona
Yes, exactly: "If you Budget it as 0"
There was never a need to make any New things at all. Glad you figured out the oversight. Thanks for the follow up.