Re: Sorting an inventory report by similar items
Hello there, Britta_Peterson.
Thanks for reaching out to us. I'm here to provide some insights about the report you need in QuickBooks Desktop.
QuickBooks doesn't have an option to pull up the item listing report and sort it to similar items. However, if you created sub-item for each similar items, you can pull up the Sales by Item Detail report. This will show you the invoice transactions for each item.
- At the top menu bar, click Reports.
- Select Sales.
- Click Sales by Item Detail.
- Change the date range.
If you need to customize the report, you can follow the steps in this article for the detailed steps: Customize reports in QuickBooks Desktop.
If you need further assistance with the steps from our live support, I recommend contacting our QuickBooks Desktop Support Team. They have the tools to pull up your account and do a remote session.
Here's how you can contact our live support:
- Follow the Official Intuit Contact link.
- Select your QuickBooks product.
- Select an issue type from the menu below, you need only to select two options for the contact information to appear.
- Click Start a message at the bottom.
Don't hesitate to leave a comment if you have additional questions about the Sales by Item Detail report. I'll be around to help.