Hello there, @gappleb.
I want to make sure you’re able to view your Balance Sheet report with accurate information.
When generating reports whether an account is inactive or not as long as there are transactions recorded in it within the date range of the report then it will show in reports as it should.
To make sure there are no recent transactions on the account, you can run a quick report on the inactive account. Use the same date range you used in your Balance Sheet report.
If you don’t want to include this inactive account, here’s how:
- Go to Reports menu.
- Choose Balance Sheet.
- Click on Customize Report.
- Go to Filters.
- Search and highlight Account in the Filter Section.
- In the Account section, choose Multiple accounts.
- Check to select accounts you want to show up on the report.
- Once done, click on OK.
- Click on OK in the Modify Report window.
For additional insights, you can check out these articles:
I'm just one post away if you have other questions about generating reports in QuickBooks Desktop. Feel free to click the Reply button below.