Thank you for joining this thread, @xact2019.
I'd be glad to help walk you through creating a sales discount and add it as a line item on the invoice. Let's get started!
- Go to List.
- Choose Item List.
- Click the Item drop-down arrow at the bottom of the Item List window.
- Select New.
- Click the Type drop-down, choose Discount.
- Enter the Description and the Amount or % of the discount.
- Choose which account in the Chart of Accounts will the discount be mapped.
- Select the Tax Code of the Discount.
- Click Ok.
That should do it! For more insights, you may check out this article: Add, edit, and delete items.
Let me know here in the Community on how it works on your end. I'm always here to help answer your inquiries about creating sales discounts in QuickBooks Desktop.