Re: another user has made changes to the selected transaction
Hi there, Probably NotHappy.
I appreciate you for providing the exact error message and the period this issue occurred.
Performing the data damage troubleshooting can help resolve common errors in QuickBooks. I’ll be right here to guide through the steps.
First, run the Rebuild Data Utility to resolve data corruption issues found by the Verify Data tool. Here’s how:
- At the top menu bar, select File and scroll to the middle and choose Utilities.
- Choose the Rebuild Data and click on OK to close all windows open in QuickBooks.
- Create a backup of the data to ensure you have a secured copy of the file before any changes are made to it.
- Click on OK when you get the message Rebuild has completed and proceed to the next step.
- Go back again to the Utilities tab and select Verify Data.
- If you receive the following message QuickBooks detected no problem with your data, choose OK and continue using the company file.
- When the tool found some error, you’ll be prompted to Rebuild Now or View Errors.
- Choose Rebuild Now. Perform this process up to three times if errors are populating.
If the issue persists, I recommend following the resolution steps in the Fix Company File in use, Feature in use, Another user doing XXX, or Transaction in use errors article.
Make sure to follow them in order to ensure you can carry out any tasks in QuickBooks seamlessly.
This information should help move past the issue.
Keep me posted how these steps work for you. I’ll be right here if you need more help.