QuickBooks Enterprise Suite, P&L Filter Reports by Parent Class Totals
For Non Profits we now need to provide Summary P&L reports by Parent Class.
I have created Parent classes with Sub-classes for this purpose.
How do I collapse the classes, like (or similar to how) we collapse the accounts?
Re: QuickBooks Enterprise Suite, P&L Filter Reports by Parent Class Totals
You can pull up and customize your Profit & Loss report to show the totals per class. Let me show you how to achieve this.
To display the total in your report, you'll need to choose to display the report by class. Then, you can filter it to show only the parent classes.
You can follow these steps in pulling up the report:
- Click on Reports from the menu bar.
- Choose Company & Financials.
- Select Profit & Loss Standard.
Then you can continue to these steps to customize it:
- Click on Customize Report.
- Select Class from the Display column by drop-down.
- Click on the Filters tab.
- Select Class.
- Click on Multiple Classes.
- Tick on the parent classes from the Select Class window.
- Click on OK.
That's it! You can now view the total amounts of your parent classes on the Profit & Loss report.
You can also visit our Help Articles in case you want to learn more "How do I" steps.
Don't hesitate to tag me in your comment if you have any other questions. I'd be happy to help.