Re: How do I add the credit card processing fee to an invoice without being charged the processin...
You'll need to create an income account to associate with the processing fees. Let me add more details about this and help you from there.
Normally, when you pay for processing fees, you need to associate it with an expense account. But if you choose to let your customer pay for the processing fees, you need to associate an income account.
To create an income account, you can follow the steps below:
- Hover our mouse on Accounting from the left panel.
- Choose Chart of Accounts.
- Click on New.
- Under the Account Type drop-down, choose Income.
- Select the Detail Type.
- Enter the Name.
- Click on Save and Close.
To associate the income account to your processing fees, kindly follow the steps below:
- Click on the Gear icon.
- Choose Accounts and Settings.
- Select the Payments tab.
- Click on Chart of Accounts.
- Under the Processing Fees drop-down, choose the income account you created.
- Click on Save.
For further guidance, you can read this article: Choose Where to Record Payments and Processing Fees for QuickBooks Payments.
Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. I'll only be a post away.