Thanks for joining this conversation, tjmoore.
You're trying to enter PayPal fees, correct? If so, the process to do this is the same as the link provided above. Record the transaction first with the full amount. When you receive the payment, make sure to select Undeposited Funds in the DEPOSIT TO field.
After that, deduct the processing fee upon depositing the payment that you received in QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT).
- Click the Banking menu located at the top to get to Make Deposits.
- Choose the correct payment.
- On the next line, select the account where the fee should be posted.
- Enter the processing fee as a negative amount so it will be deducted on the Amount section.
- Once done, hit Save and Close.
For additional resources, check out these articles:
Please let me know in the comment if you have any other issues or concerns. I'm more than willing to help. Have a good one!