Level 15

Reports and accounting

Almost all loans in the US, that are forgiven, are income to you.  Assuming you have the loan in a liability account, do a journal entry

debit loan
credit income

Check with a tax accountant, there are some mortgage's that are included in the above, and he would know for sure

View solution in original post