It looks like QuickBooks didn't refresh the Reminder List. Hence, it is giving you the false reminders. We can do a few troubleshooting steps to get rid of this issue.
- Update the QuickBooks release version.
- Toggle the Reminder settings.
- Close and reopen QuickBooks.
Here's how to toggle the Reminder settings:
- Click Edit at the top menu and select Preferences.
- Select the Reminder menu on the left side of the Preferences window.
- Go to the Company Preferences tab and mark all the Don't Remind Me radio buttons.
- Click OK and close QuickBooks.
- Reopen QuickBooks.
Let me know what are the results so we can further review this.
I have no idea how to update the version of QB I have. I am using Desktop Pro Plus subscription and it is supposed to update by itself. Directions simply open a window with Okay and Check Verified Review.
I tried selecting all the radio buttons under Notifications that I could to Do Not Notify, saved, closed QB and then reopened QB, and it didn't work.
I should note that several options under Notification options were grayed out and not selectable.
Sales Orders to Print - set to Show Summary
Assembly Items to Build - set to Show Summary
Open Authorizations to Capture - set to Show Summary and 5 Days
Let me walk you through on how to update your QuickBooks to its latest release, neyerbj.
We can update your company file by downloading the latest release and then run it to patch issues within your current version.
- Go to the this website: Download QuickBooks Desktop
- Select United States for Country, QuickBooks Desktop Pro for the Product and then Pro Plus for the Version.
- Click Search.
- Select the Get the latest updates link.
- Run the downloaded qbwebpatch.exe file.
Once done, you can toggle your Reminder Settings again and then close and reopen QuickBooks to the updates and changes.
If you get the same thing, I suggest getting in touch with us so we can look into your settings.
- Go to the Help menu within QuickBooks.
- Select QuickBooks Desktop Help.
- Click Contact us and then enter that you get Reminder promts.
- Select Continue.
- Choose either to Message an Agent or Talk to a Specialist.
Let me know if you need more help.
Downloaded and installed the web patch, set radio buttons to no notification, exited QB and even rebooted computer, still has a notification that points to nothing to send.
Thanks for keeping me updated about the steps that you've tried, @neyerbj.
We can try to toggle one of your transactions to refresh the reminder on your QuickBooks.
- Click on Customers at the top menu bar and hit on Customer Center.
- Refer to the Transactions tab and open any existing invoice.
- Put a checkmark on the Email Later option, then press on Save and Close.
- Enter the customers' email information and click on OK.
- From the Company menu, select on Reminders.
- Under Business Service Messages, select on You have forms to send, and the invoice will be displayed.
- Hit on Close after viewing the reminders.
- Reopen the invoice from the Customer menu.
- Uncheck the Email Later option.
- Open the Reminders option again from the Company menu. From there, the You have forms to send option will no longer show up.
If doing this doesn't make a difference, I recommend verifying and rebuilding your data. It can help fix data-related issues.
To do that:
- Go to the File menu, then hover over Utilities
- Select on Rebuild Data.
- On the QuickBooks Information window, select OK. Follow the on-screen instructions to save a backup.
- Let the tool repair your file.
- When the tool finishes, select OK.
- Go to the File menu.
- Hover over Utilities and select Verify Data.
- Let the tool check your file for data issues.
For complete details about resolving data issues on the program, please see this link: Fix data damage on your QuickBooks Desktop company file
I'll be around to help if there's anything else you need. Happy Monday!
Your first method solved the problem. I didn't have to rebuild my data, but I'm going to keep a watch. I had this problem previously, and thought I'd solved it, because I'd missing one of these automatic checks, but then it showed back up later.
Thank you so much.
Oops! It's baaack. LOL
I followed the method again and once again it disappeared. Going to keep watching it to see if it returns once again. If it does, I'll try the second method to see if that works.