QuickBooks Team

Reports and accounting

Hi there, oxymagicjerseysh.

I can shed some light on this matter.

When we set up to QuickBooks Online, program will prompt us to tell something about our business. Then, it will provide us options about what would we like to do in QuickBooks. If we only choose the Send and track invoices option, the program will automatically adjust the set up your company according to your choices in the What would you like to do in QuickBooks? section. Instead of the Sales menu, it will turn into Invoicing menu.

In addition, the Additional information tab that allows you to assign a type to your customer is only available in QuickBooks Online Plus and Advance. 

If you want to have the Sales menu, I'd recommend getting in touch with our technical supports. This way, they can pull your account and check if they can change the current set up of your QuickBooks account.

You can follow the steps below to connect with us:

1. Click the Help icon.
  2. Hit Contact Us.
  3. Enter "Invoicing menu" in the description.
  4. Select Let's talk.
  5. Choose Get a callback or Start messaging.

Please check out our support hours below to ensure that we address your concerns on time:

• 6:00 AM-6:00 PM Monday-Friday
  • 6:00 AM-3:00 PM Saturday

If you're new to QuickBooks Online and currently using the trial version, you can create a new company then select all those options. This way, you'll get the most out of your QuickBooks experience. You can use the same email if you wish to register again.

As always, I'm just one post away if you need additional assistance in managing your account. Feel free to tag me in your comments.