Hello there, @officesecretary-.
You'll have to put an identifier for the income account so it will be the same with the expense account.
- Go to the Accounting menu in the left pane.
- Select Chart of Accounts.
- Click the New button.
- In the Account Type drop-down choose Expenses.
- Select the transactions in the Detail Type.
- Enter the name together with the identifier in the name field.
- Hit Save and Close or Save and New.
To know more about chart of accounts, please check out this article: Understand the chart of accounts in QuickBooks.
Also, you can read out our Help articles it provides tips and answers your How do I questions in the future.
I'd be more than happy to assist if you have more questions. Have a good day.