Hi there, @sosreports.
Thank you for reaching out to the Community.
First, let's go ahead and ensure that you've created a customer type before assigning the customer types to individual customers.
Here's how to create a customer type:
- Choose the Sales tab in the left-hand menu.
- Select Customers, then click on Customer Types.
- Go to New Customer Type.
- Type in a name for the customer type, and Save.
Next, once you've completed the steps above, you can now assign customer types for individual customers.
- Hover over the Sales tab and click on Customers.
- Locate the customer, then choose Edit.
- Go to the Additional Info tab and pick the customer type from the drop-down.
- When you're ready, select Save.
For more additional information with adding customer types to multiple customers, you can refer back to this article: Set up and assign customer types in QuickBooks Online.
Let me know if the steps above do the trick. If you have any more questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to comment below.