You've come to the right place, @psfmasonry.
You can setup a health insurance deduction and contribution in QuickBooks Online to track this. A deduction is an amount paid by an employee and deducted from each paycheck. A contribution is paid by the employer and often counts as additional pay or wages. Check out how to setup the deduction or contribution below:
- Go to Workers, then Employees.
- Find and choose the employee's name.
- Hit Edit next to Pay.
- In section 5, click Add a new deduction or Add deductions.
- From the Deductions/contributions dropdown menu, select New deduction/contribution.
- Choose a Deduction type and Type from the small arrow icon.
- Enter Provider name(appears on paycheck).
- From the Amount per pay period icon, go to $ amount or % of gross pay and enter the $ amount or percentage. Do the same for the Company-paid contribution as applicable.
- Select OK, then Done.
If you'd like to learn more about deductions and contributions in QuickBooks Online Payroll, I recommend checking out: Add or edit a deduction or contribution
Shoot me a reply if you run into any other questions. I'll be here eager to help. Have a good one!