I'm here to help, kkasnett.
If you're referring to recording a loan in QuickBooks Online (QBO), you'll have to set up a liability account to record loan and its payments. I'll guide you how.
- Go to the Gear icon and choose Chart of Accounts.
- Click on New.
- Select Long Term Liabilities from the Account Type drop-down arrow. If you plan to pay off the loan by the end of fiscal year, choose Other Current Liabilites.
- From the Detail Type drop-down arrow, select Notes Payable.
- Enter the name.
- Choose when you want to start tracking your finances from the ▼ drop-down arrow.
- Enter the full loan amount as a negative amount in the Amount field. Since the future payments to the bank are a liability for your business, the amount should be negative.
- Click on Save and Close.
To record the loan payment, refer to this article: Set up a loan in QuickBooks Online.
I'm also linking an article in case you're trying to record a loan for assets. For more details, check this link: How do I record the loan for an asset?.
Otherwise, you can schedule a callback from one of our experts if you're referring to your QuickBooks Capital loan. You can go to this link: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/capital/faqs/. Just scroll down to the bottom and click on Schedule a call.
You can leave a comment if you have further questions. We're always around to help.