You can import bank transactions into QuickBooks Desktop. From there, checks issued will be uploaded and generated in your register.
Beforehand, install the QuickBooks Import Excel and CSV toolkit. This toolkit contains a manual guide. I'll show you how.
- Open the file download window for the toolkit and then select Save.
- Go to your Windows Desktop and select Save.
- Double-click QuickBooks_Import_Excel_and_CSV.exe on your Windows desktop to open the WinZip Self-Extractor window.
- Choose Browse, select the folder where you want to install the toolkit (such as your Desktop) and click on OK.
- Select Unzip to extract the contents and select Close to close the WinZip Self-Extractor window.
- Open the QuickBooks Import Excel and CSV folder from the location you selected in step 4.
Then, follow the steps in in this article to import the CSV file: Import/export CSV files. This link provides other data types you can import into QuickBooks.
You may want to check this link in case you want to connect your bank account with QuickBooks: Get started with Bank Feeds for QuickBooks Desktop. This helps speed up you work as this feature automatically downloads your transactions into the system.
Leave a comment below if you have any other concerns. We'll be here to keep helping. Stay safe and have a good day.