Thank you for posting here in the Community @walderman2002200.
If you want to correct check numbers that are not in order, let me walk you through the process.
You can simply reset the check number sequence to whatever number you want. Make sure to enable Custom transaction numbers from the Sales settings by following the steps below:
- Go to the Gear icon and choose Accounts and Settings.
- Click on the Sales tab.
- Click Sales form content, then choose Custom transaction numbers.
- Hit Save.
Once done, you can now edit the numbers at will. To get the sequence back in inorder, create a new check. Here's how:
- Go to the Plus icon and choose Check.
- Fill out the form as needed.
- If the Check no. field doesn't have the correct number, enter it manually.
- Choose Save and Close.
You can pull up the Check Detail report to see which numbers were skipped, so you can utilize it on your next check or see which numbers are still available.
You can also refer to this article if you want to sort Bank register: Sort and filter transactions in a register.
If you have further questions, don't hesitate to comment below. I'll be here to help. Thank you.