Thanks for visiting the Community, gallery55.
To clarify, have you tried checking the information displayed in the Contact info and Customer-facing email sections? Any additional information shared can help me provide a timely resolution.
While waiting for the details, let’s perform some troubleshooting steps to narrow down the issue. Let’s go to the Account and Settings page to check whose email address is entered in the sections mentioned above.
- Click the Gear icon to choose Account and Settings under Your Company.
- Go to the Company tab to see the Contact info section.
- From there, review the information and make sure to enter the correct email address.
- If you want to use another email for your customers, enter the information in the field box.
- Click Save and Done.
However, if the email information is correct, I suggest contacting our QBO Care Team. They have tools to determine why the email is sent to the wrong person.
Once they've identified the cause, one of our specialists will walk you through the steps on how to fix the issue. To reach them, follow these steps:
- Go to the Help icon at the top to select the Contact Us link.
- This will open another window where you can enter the issue/topic.
- Once done, click on the Let’s talk button to view the support information.
- Choose from any of the options: Start messaging or Get a callback.
I’m also adding a guide where you’ll see detailed instructions on how to edit the business name and tax info. It includes instructions about updating the payroll services information and QuickBooks Payment: Change your business name, contact info, or EIN in QuickBooks Online.
Stay in touch if you have any other concerns or questions. I’ll get back to answer them for you. Have a good one.
Everything looks good in Accounts and Settings. But email from QuickBooks telling me our bill was successfully paid had the name of an old account person on it. That person no longer handles our books. I cannot find where that name would be stored but it doesn't seem to be in our Accounts and Settings. It's not a big deal, but annoying.
Hello there, gallery55,
It's my pleasure to help ensure your Intuit notification email is addressed to the correct person.
QuickBooks Online (QBO) lets you changed the contact name. The following steps outlined below will guide you through updating this information:
- Log in to your Intuit account via accounts.intuit.com.
- Use your QBO login credentials.
- Select Personal Info from the left navigation bar.
- Click Edit, enter the correct contact name from there, then Save.
- Click Exit.
I've added this article: Change your email, user ID, or password in case you'll want to modify the email address, user ID, or password as well.
Don't hesitate to post again if there's anything else I can help you today. I'm always right here to help.
Everything is correct under Personal Info and has been for months. Still, the wrong name is used on the email we get from Billing. I would send you the email we received if you can give me an email to send it to.
Thanks for coming back for more support, @gallery55. The email you'll get from the billing is an auto-generated. Also, we're unable to provide you with the email address.
You can email our QuickBooks Online Customer Support team instead so you can forward the email you've received. They also have the additional tools that can help you check to verify the name registered on file.
Additionally, our system used the name you entered when you subscribed to us. You may want to update your payment information for your subscription. Here's the link: Update the payment information for your subscription.
Feel free to message again if you have additional concerns. We're always delighted to help.