QuickBooks Team

Reports and accounting

Thanks for posting to the Community, @sjangity.

QuickBooks should show X item QOH as 300 since you wanted to build 300 products using this item. 

When you purchase this item as a bulk order, I'd suggest adding a unit of measurement so that it would appear on the PO as one bulk purchase and will reflect as 300 items in QOH items. It's like purchasing a dozen of eggs and recorded as 1 item in PO and saving it in QOH as 12 pieces.

Let me show you how when you record it in PO:

1. On the Purchase Order form, select Add New.
  2. Enter the item name and click Add New under Unit of Measure.
  3. Tick Count (each, box, case, dozen, etc.) and then click Next.
  4. Tick Each (ea) and then click Next.
  5. Enter unit Name "bulk order" and "bo" on the Abbreviation column, then enter 300 on the # of Ea column.
  6. Hit Next.
  7. On the Purchase drop-down, select bulk order and select each below Sales, then hit Next.
  8. Enter the set name as bulk order and then click Finish.
  9. Once done, enter the necessary details like Cost as "0.05633" to show it as 16.90/300 items. Enter the Income Account and make sure the On Hand quantity is 0 so that it will appear on the QOH column as 300. and then hit OK.

You can then Receive Inventory with Bill and Pay Bills to make the number of items appear on the QOH column.

That way, your inventory assembly items will be recorded seamlessly and accurately recorded as 300 in total.

Just in case you wanted to adjust the Sales Price of the item due to the customer's demand, you can follow these steps:

1. Go to the Lists menu and then select Item List.
  2. Double-click the item name.
  3. Type the price on the Sales Price field.
  4. Click OK to save it.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I'll keep my notifications open. Have a great weekend!

View solution in original post