Hello there, jgambi.
You can use the progress invoicing feature. This way, you'll know the status or progress of a specific job.
First, you'll have to turn on the feature. Here's how:
- Click the Edit menu, then choose Preferences.
- Go to Jobs & Estimates, then choose Company Preferences.
- Under DO YOU DO PROGRESS INVOICING?, choose Yes, then click OK.
Next, create an estimate. Here's how:
- Click the Customers menu, then choose Create Estimates.
- Fill in the necessary fields, then click Save & Close.
Then, create the invoice from the estimate. Here's how:
- Open the estimate, then click Create invoice.
- The Create Progress Invoice Based on Estimate window will appear. Choose what to include on the invoice:
- Create invoice for the entire estimate (100%).
- Create invoice for a percentage of the entire estimate.
- Create invoice for selected items or for different percentages of each item.
3. Click OK, then click Save & Close.
To check the progress of the invoice, you can click the Progress button on the Invoice page. You can also click the same button to make changes or add more items. Please check the screenshot below.
Feel free to let me know if you have further questions. I'll be around. Have a good one!