Hi there, erinklaplante.
Thank you for stopping by the QuickBooks Community this afternoon. I'm more than happy to help you out. If you're trying to see who received a reminder, go to the Sales menu. QuickBooks adds "(Reminded)" to invoices in the Status column after it sends a reminder. As far as why the reminders were sent out, it could be for a number of reasons, some of which, but aren't limited to as follows:
- Auto reminders are sent based on the Due date of the open and overdue invoices.
- Reminders can only be automated at a single time around when an invoice is due (i.e. on or after the due date).
- An email address must be saved on the transaction for the automation to work.
- The reminder email uses the reminder template (that can be edited in Company Settings), and will include a PDF copy of the invoice per the Online delivery preferences set within Company Settings.
- QuickBooks will update the Audit Log of the invoice to display a date/time stamp for when it will be sent.
I'm also including a link to Automated invoice reminders in QBO. This will help you set up and and send invoice reminders manually if you choose.
Thank you for your time and have a nice Thursday.