Thanks for reaching out to us, beginner-1.
I'm here to share some information about how the service/product rate works in QuickBooks Online.
Currently, QuickBooks Online is unable to automatically detect the current spot price of gold in the market. To ensure that your rate is up-to-date and accurate, you'll have to update the price of your product every time the spot price of gold changes. Here's how to do it:
- Select Sales from the sidebar menu.
- Go to the Product and Services tab.
- Locate the appropriate product, then click Edit from the Action column.
- Enter the updated price in the Sales price/rate field.
- Click Save and close to complete the process.
If you offer discounts or charge different rates by item, you can use the Pricing rules feature to let you control the price of your products and services.
Keep us posted if you have any other concerns or inventory-related questions. The Community Team always has your back.